DTLR Radio Presents: 16 Bars – Big Tournament Edition!
Written by Jay Holz on February 19, 2022
DTLR Radio is excited to bring back our exciting new series 16 Bars! For those who don’t know, 16 Bars is a competition for rap artists to showcase their rhyming ability over an instrumental. Decided on by a panel of DTLR Radio judges, the artist with the hottest set of bars will win a grand prize.
To officially re-launch this rap-inspired contest, we’ll be kicking things off during the 2022 CIAA Weekend this week in Baltimore. The best part of this competition is ANY and EVERY one can sign up and participate, no matter what age!
Click Here To Choose Your Instrumental!
Here’s how the competition will work:
- Visit the link above and decide which beat you plan to rap over
- Stop by the DTLR AirStream at CIAA Fan Fest this Friday (2/25) and Saturday (2/26) from Noon ET – 6pm ET to sign up and participate. CIAA Fan Fest will take place at the Baltimore Convention Center
- Each emcee/rapper must submit a release of liability form and wavier when registering (this will be provided on site)
- This contest is open to all ages (for those under 18 years old, you must have parent/guardian sign the waiver)
- NO explicit lyrics – contestants will be disqualified for this
- Contestants can choose from any of these beats to rap over:
The grand prize for this edition of 16 Bars will be a $1000 DTLR gift card, as well as a music distribution deal for a single release with our friends at Sparta Music Group. (Please note this is just a distribution deal and not a record deal.)
The judges will announce the grand prize winner on Friday, March 4th at 6:30pm. They will be judging based on creativity, most exciting flow/lyrics, and overall energy. Will it be you?!
REMEMBER: in order to sign up, you must attend CIAA Fan Fest this weekend on either Friday, February 25th, or Saturday, February 26th, between Noon – 6pm ET at the DTLR booth. There is NO online submissions or any other way to register.
Click HERE to see the full list of Rules + Regulations.