Lil Baby’s ‘My Turn’ Tops U.S. Best Selling 2020 Album’s Across All Genres
Written by King Flexxa on January 11, 2021
Lil Baby’s ‘My Turn’ Tops U.S. Best Selling 2020 Album’s Across All Genres.
There’s no doubt Lil Baby is leading the charge for the next generation of superstars, especially those emerging out-the-A (Atlanta). On January 7, 2021 Neilsen disclosed that My Turn was 2020’s most popular album throughout all genres in the United States.
HipHopDX.com states “My Turn earned 2.63 million total album-equivalent units for the project to take the top spot over Taylor Swift’s Folklore at No. 2 (2.204 million). Baby’s sophomore album was also the most-streamed effort of the year with the collection of tracks, banking 3.93 billion streams during 2020. However, the LP only sold about 40,000 copies in traditional album sales.”
According to Billboard, Hip-Hop/R&B was responsible for over 30 percent of all on-demand song streams in 2020, which is the largest of any genre in music.
Find the entire Top 10 list of albums below.
1. Lil Baby, My Turn (2.632 million)
2. Taylor Swift, Folklore (2.204 million)
3. Pop Smoke, Shoot for the Stars, Aim for the Moon (2.198 million)
4. The Weeknd, After Hours (2.032 million)
5. Juice WRLD, Legends Never Die (1.990 million)
6. Post Malone, Hollywood’s Bleeding (1.895 million)
7. Lil Uzi Vert, Eternal Atake (1.860 million)
8. Roddy Ricch, Please Excuse Me for Being Antisocial (1.792 million)
9. Harry Styles, Fine Line (1.522 million)
10. Luke Combs, What You See Is What You Get (1.475 million)